FOR THE NEWCOMER
You don’t have to be clean when you get here, but after your
first meeting we suggest that you keep coming back and come
clean. You don’t have to wait for an overdose or jail sentence
to get help from NA, nor is addiction a hopeless condition
from which there is no recovery.
It is possible to overcome the desire to use drugs with the
help of the Twelve Steps Program of Narcotics Anonymous
and the fellowship of recovering addicts.
Our 24 hr Helpline Number is 866-935-8811
What Can I Do?
Begin your own program taking Step One . When by we fully
concede to our innermost selves that we are powerless over our
addiction, we have taken a big step in our recovery. Many of us
have had some reservations at this point, so give yourself a break
and be as thorough as possible from the start. Go on to Step Two,
and so forth, and as you go on you will come to an understanding
of the program for yourself.
If you are in an institution of any kind and have stopped using for
the present, you can with a clear mind try this way of life.
1. We admitted that we were powerless over Addiction,
that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves
could restore us to sanity.
3. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives
over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory
5. We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another
human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We were entirely ready to have God remove all these
defects of character.
7. We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and
became willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made direct amends to such people wherever
possible, except when to do so would injure them or
10. We continued to take personal inventory and when
we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. We sought through prayer and meditation to
improve our conscious contact with God as we
understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His
will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual Awakening as a result of these
steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to
practice these principles in all our affairs.